Jewelry
Sadboy
2006-03-19 15:06:49 UTC
Will wearing jewelry make me more attractive to women?
I have recently taken to wearing a St .Chrisrtopher necklace,
something I have become surprisingly attached to.
It's an unassuming necklace, I don't want any heavy chains
or bling. However several people have commented upon it
and pretty much said that they were surpised to someone like
me (a white & skinny nerd) wearing such a thing.
Does it make me look 'cooler' and give me a bit of an 'edge'?
I see it draped aroynd my scrawny neck and think I look better.
Amplitude Modulation
2006-03-19 17:41:11 UTC
Post by Sadboy
Will wearing jewelry make me more attractive to women?
I have recently taken to wearing a St .Chrisrtopher necklace,
something I have become surprisingly attached to.
It's an unassuming necklace, I don't want any heavy chains
or bling. However several people have commented upon it
and pretty much said that they were surpised to someone like
me (a white & skinny nerd) wearing such a thing.
Does it make me look 'cooler' and give me a bit of an 'edge'?
I see it draped aroynd my scrawny neck and think I look better.
Get a Rolex. That'll help you with the ladies no matter how "scrawny" you
are!
BTW, I'll trade you some scrawny-ness for some of my winter weight that
I'm trying to work off.
Bella Donna
2006-03-19 17:55:33 UTC
Women don't really look at those things, to tell you the truth. I have
truly never been influenced positively by a necklace, making me think it
made a man look cooler. To tell you the truth, there have been times
when I've seen a man with the whole half open shirt and necklace
(Italian wanna be I suppose) thing going on and been completely
disgusted. But that was a thick gold chain.

A St. Christopher medal on the other hand, will at most make girls think
you are Christian, I think. There is really nothing cool about it.
Perhaps something like an eagle would, but not a saint.

And also, a chain will draw attention to certain things, and if you say
your neck is scrawny, perhaps this isn't the best thing?

Sorry, I don't mean to be "mean" I'm just giving an honest opinion.

But if the necklace gives you self-esteem, keep wearing it. All I'm
saying is, I doubt it's the necklace doing that, it's probably just the
new YOU with a little more confidence. ;o)

Bella Donna

"Do you want fries with that?" - some idiot

"Only drooling morons spell it donut" - some other "whining" drooling idiot

And whatta we get folks? - too many bloody idiots in ASH :o)
Sadboy
2006-03-19 19:00:49 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
A St. Christopher medal on the other hand, will at most make girls think
you are Christian, I think. There is really nothing cool about it.
Perhaps something like an eagle would, but not a saint.
Would it?
He is the patron saint of travellers. I din't think it was particularly
'Christian' to be honest, Not that that would bother me.
Post by Bella Donna
And also, a chain will draw attention to certain things, and if you say
your neck is scrawny, perhaps this isn't the best thing?
Yeah, my neck is scrawny,
However people have seen me wearing it without a shirt and
they say I look good with it....
Fair enough.
lm
2006-03-19 19:13:51 UTC
On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 19:00:49 +0000 (UTC), "Sadboy"
Post by Sadboy
Post by Bella Donna
A St. Christopher medal on the other hand, will at most make girls think
you are Christian, I think. There is really nothing cool about it.
Perhaps something like an eagle would, but not a saint.
Would it?
He is the patron saint of travellers. I din't think it was particularly
'Christian' to be honest, Not that that would bother me.
Saints are catholic only. Other christians don't go for that kind of
thing --- they talk directly with the big cheese, who tells them which
countries to invade.

lm
Bernd Jendrissek
2006-03-20 13:20:30 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Women don't really look at those things, to tell you the truth.
Care to explain, then, why it ACTUALLY works? (As in, guys giving
credible account of having kept logs of this stuff, computed averages
and standard deviation, applied students' F tests or whatever they're
called, and concluded with a 95% level of confidence that yes, bling
actually *does* get the girls.)
Post by Bella Donna
Sorry, I don't mean to be "mean" I'm just giving an honest opinion.
I don't mean to be mean, but I'm on a crusade here to encourage men
never ever to take too seriously what women say about "what gets women".
Women, in general, just don't know - *can't* know. You wouldn't ask a
deer for hunting advice either.
Post by Bella Donna
But if the necklace gives you self-esteem, keep wearing it. All I'm
saying is, I doubt it's the necklace doing that, it's probably just the
new YOU with a little more confidence. ;o)
That's possible, and gives you a nice hole to wriggle out of after
writing, "Women don't really look at those things".

- --
"I learned to play guitar just to get the girls, and anyone
who says they didn't is just lyin'!" -- Willie Nelson
lm
2006-03-20 13:31:35 UTC
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:20:30 +0000 (UTC), "Bernd Jendrissek"
Post by Bella Donna
Sorry, I don't mean to be "mean" I'm just giving an honest opinion.
I don't mean to be mean, but I'm on a crusade here to encourage men
never ever to take too seriously what women say about "what gets women".
Women, in general, just don't know - *can't* know. You wouldn't ask a
deer for hunting advice either.
The difference is that those guys keeping stats are hunting wmoen, and
consider them quarry, and exude confidence in the process. Bling or no
bling, they're having a good time.

Sadboy wants to make himself more attractive to women and hopes a
necklace might help.

See the difference?

lm
Antares
So their confidence somehow decreases when they remove the jewellery?
lm
2006-03-21 12:26:59 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Sorry, I don't mean to be "mean" I'm just giving an honest opinion.
I don't mean to be mean, but I'm on a crusade here to encourage men
never ever to take too seriously what women say about "what gets women".
Women, in general, just don't know - *can't* know. You wouldn't ask a
deer for hunting advice either.
The difference is that those guys keeping stats are hunting wmoen, and
consider them quarry, and exude confidence in the process. Bling or no
bling, they're having a good time.
So their confidence somehow decreases when they remove the jewellery?
Nope the jewelry has value for the hunter but is irrelevant to the
quarry.

lm
Antares
2006-03-22 01:38:15 UTC
Post by lm
Post by Bella Donna
Sorry, I don't mean to be "mean" I'm just giving an honest opinion.
I don't mean to be mean, but I'm on a crusade here to encourage men
never ever to take too seriously what women say about "what gets women".
Women, in general, just don't know - *can't* know. You wouldn't ask a
deer for hunting advice either.
The difference is that those guys keeping stats are hunting wmoen, and
consider them quarry, and exude confidence in the process. Bling or no
bling, they're having a good time.
So their confidence somehow decreases when they remove the jewellery?
Nope the jewelry has value for the hunter but is irrelevant to the
quarry.
That's certainly one theory. It assumes that wearing jewelry actually
does something for your confidence. But I'm not convinced, since the
guys are obviously aware that they're participating in an experiment,
so the effect of jewelry on confidence is far from certain -- who
knows, maybe they behave in a more confident way in the no-jewelry
condition because they feel they need to compensate for the supposed
effect of jewelry on women.

It's hard to say without knowing more about the methodology of the
experiment, as I'm sure Bernd is aware. T-tests don't mean a damn
thing unless you ran a properly controlled experiment. Some sort of
double-blind test is needed, where the guys aren't aware of the two
different conditions, and where the experimenters who assign them the
jewelry aren't, either (to avoid giving out subconscious cues about the
expectations of the experiment). Since this obviously wasn't the case
here -- indeed, the experimenters *were* the subjects -- any number of
extraneous factors may have intruded into the data, rendering the
results useless.
Sadboy
2006-03-22 18:12:24 UTC
Post by Antares
That's certainly one theory. It assumes that wearing jewelry actually
does something for your confidence. But I'm not convinced, since the
guys are obviously aware that they're participating in an experiment,
so the effect of jewelry on confidence is far from certain -- who
knows, maybe they behave in a more confident way in the no-jewelry
condition because they feel they need to compensate for the supposed
effect of jewelry on women.
I feel better wearing it. If that translates into more 'confidence' whether or
not women actually positively react to the necklace or simply the wearer
of the necklace being more confident because of it, does it matter?
Bella Donna
2006-03-22 18:56:55 UTC
not at all

the debate was this so called scientific data that was posted

and whether or not it made a difference to women

we took your post and used it for our own evil debate, lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you want fries with that?" - some idiot

"Only drooling morons spell it donut" - some other "whining" drooling idiot

And whatta we get folks? - too many bloody idiots in ASH :o)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DO IT YOURSELF TRAILER HITCH:
1 C&D head
1 can of silver spray paint
1 truck
and voila!!!! trailer park ready!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Antares
2006-03-23 07:48:48 UTC
Post by Sadboy
Post by Antares
That's certainly one theory. It assumes that wearing jewelry actually
does something for your confidence. But I'm not convinced, since the
guys are obviously aware that they're participating in an experiment,
so the effect of jewelry on confidence is far from certain -- who
knows, maybe they behave in a more confident way in the no-jewelry
condition because they feel they need to compensate for the supposed
effect of jewelry on women.
I feel better wearing it. If that translates into more 'confidence' whether or
not women actually positively react to the necklace or simply the wearer
of the necklace being more confident because of it, does it matter?
Only to the extent that thinking about things, and trying to reason out
their causes, matters to you.
Bella Donna
2006-03-21 18:32:37 UTC
It's like a security blanket.

It gives them extra confidence because they believe that the jewelery
will bring luck with women

Example: I have a pair of jeans that I believe men love. Every time I
wear them, I get attention everywhere - whistles, the whole nine yards.

However - there is nothing special about the jeans. I realized I
actually had the exact same pair of jeans (except newer) that I did not
think so highly of. Why?

Probably because of my mindset. I believe the jeans are doing it, but
really, when I put them on, I feel sexy so it shows in my demeanor - the
way I walk ( maybe more of a swagger), head held higher - just mere
confidence period.

And it is this that attracts the men, not the jeans. I so thought it
was the jeans until I pulled on what I thought were just my normal
everyday jeans and my boyfriend told me that they looked great. "Hey
those must be you special jeans - your ass looks great".

As I frantically tried on all my jeans, you know what? They all looked
the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antares
2006-03-21 09:45:18 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Sorry, I don't mean to be "mean" I'm just giving an honest opinion.
I don't mean to be mean, but I'm on a crusade here to encourage men
never ever to take too seriously what women say about "what gets women".
Women, in general, just don't know - *can't* know. You wouldn't ask a
deer for hunting advice either.
Yeah. Or, at the very least, when there's two conflicting viewpoints
about what women want, one being the cynical (presumably masculine)
viewpoint, and the other being women saying what women want, I'd tend
to believe the man.

One reason for this is that most women seem to have a bias towards
believing in a shiny cutesy happy world, especially in situations
involving socializing and romance. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing
-- it's probably emotionally adaptive, in fact -- but it means that
you're less likely to get the true story from women.
Bella Donna
2006-03-21 18:34:53 UTC
*sigh* do YOU notice a woman's jewelery?

and if you do, does it influence what you think of them to that degree?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antares
2006-03-21 19:52:50 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
*sigh* do YOU notice a woman's jewelery?
Women are men are not equivalent in this situation.

By the way, why not ditch the humungous sig?
JimSummers
2006-03-21 20:50:03 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
*sigh* do YOU notice a woman's jewelery?
I certainly do, very much so.
Post by Bella Donna
and if you do, does it influence what you think >of them to that degree?
Absolutely, I respond favorably to them, but then again I'm not exactly
normal and it is highly possibly that my taste in women's beauty some would
say is somewhat effeminate/borderline homosexual. I'm basing this around
that I don't believe the typical macho alpha guy gives a damn about
earrings or pearls or any of that stuff when considering a woman's
attractiveness.
Bella Donna
2006-03-22 04:33:27 UTC
Ok, so I'm just clarifying here, Jim

So pearls will make a woman more attractive to you?

Take a beautiful woman with no jewelery or a less beautiful woman with
classic elegant jewelery (pearls etc)

You would take the less beautiful for her taste in jewelery?

And I'm not saying you would be wrong - class/taste is very important,
and in many cases *can* make/break a person

I'm just curious

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

attractiveness.
JimSummers
2006-03-22 07:25:09 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Ok, so I'm just clarifying here, Jim
So pearls will make a woman more attractive to you?

Take a beautiful woman with no jewelery or a less beautiful woman with
classic elegant jewelery (pearls etc)

You would take the less beautiful for her taste >in jewelery?

Oh absolutely I would choose the less beautiful woman with the elegant
jewelry. She is projecting a level of aristocratic sophistication that
I've grown up really finding sexy. Of course a big part of this might be a
result of my mother forcing me to sit with her and watch soap operas when I
was a child, and I know that the upper class women on those shows often
wear pearls and glamorous earrings.
CLFan
2006-03-22 07:55:28 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
*sigh* do YOU notice a woman's jewelery?
Sometimes.
Post by Bella Donna
and if you do, does it influence what you think of them to that degree?
No.
In fact, I have more admiration for women who manage to look good
without too much (or any) jewelry/fancy clothing/make-up.
Bella Donna
2006-03-22 13:01:21 UTC
Exactly, most men do

And women just don't notice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
2006-03-22 00:12:11 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
[...]
they present a socially accepted version.
--
My imaginary account of being in Oz
http://mspoopiepants.blogspot.com/
Antares
2006-03-22 01:19:25 UTC
Post by Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
Post by Bella Donna
[...]
Yes, that's part of it. Also, my impression is that women's
perceptions are governed to a greater extent than men's by how they'd
*like* the world to be. In assessing a situation, they tend to include
more of their own emotions and desires than men. Obviously, there are
many exceptions, but overall, women will more often paint a rosier
picture of things than is warranted.

Studies consistently show that women are more trusting, optimistic, and
confident of the good intentions of others than men. And in my
experience, they are more often prone to wishful thinking, which is
essentially what the original post expressed -- it would be *nice* if
women didn't pay attention to superficial factors, and didn't have an
ounce of golddigger in them, but unfortunately that isn't the case.
Bella Donna
2006-03-22 04:40:43 UTC
Well then honey, we aren't going to look at your necklace, we're going
to look at your CAR

It's more expensive!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Antares
Bernd Jendrissek
2006-03-22 10:59:55 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Well then honey, we aren't going to look at your necklace, we're going
to look at your CAR
It's more expensive!
True, but that only matters if she sees the man's car. Houses are even
more expensive, and stock portfolios potentially even more so, but they
are not visible, and hence are largely ineffective in luring women.

The most effective women-lures are the most immediately detectable ones:
social proof (other hot women hanging on you), Rolex, expensive clothes.
If you can get your car into the game in the first place, she's already
significantly interested (or why else would she accompany you to the
parking lot - unless you want to flash car keys), so the car didn't
actually matter much.
Bella Donna
2006-03-22 13:08:01 UTC
woman ask, silly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bernd Jendrissek
2006-03-22 16:18:35 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
woman ask, silly
And men always tell the unembellished truth when asked, silly.
Bella Donna
2006-03-22 18:54:30 UTC
that's why we take the approximate cost of the car you tell us and
subtract 20-30 G, silly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

void *
2006-03-22 21:39:57 UTC
Who buys a >£30,000 car?
JimSummers
2006-03-22 22:12:25 UTC
Post by void *
Who buys a >£30,000 car?
What is that in dollars? Even when I traveled to England I could never
exactly figure out the conversion rate for pound to dollar?
void *
2006-03-22 23:23:56 UTC
Post by JimSummers
Post by void *
Who buys a >£30,000 car?
What is that in dollars? Even when I traveled to England I could never
exactly figure out the conversion rate for pound to dollar?
How can a guy who says he has $50,000 in stocks not do a simple currency
conversion?

1 GBP buys you 1.7 USD.

Keep in mind it's not as it seems. Either £30K buys you a lot of dollars, or
$52K dollars gets you bugger all £s.
Bella Donna
2006-03-23 03:54:10 UTC
roughly double the canadian dollar

but I was talking USD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella Donna
2006-03-23 03:53:16 UTC
? who DOESN'T?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who buys a >£30,000 car?
void *
2006-03-23 22:46:29 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Post by void *
Post by Bella Donna
that's why we take the approximate cost of the car you tell us and
subtract 20-30 G, silly
Who buys a >£30,000 car?
? who DOESN'T?
Who doesn't buy a car costing over 30K? Let me tell you, people with brains,
that's who. I just priced up a loaded V6 Mondeo ST220 new for under 30K.
Bella Donna
2006-03-24 06:20:37 UTC
Then you overpaid.

For a Fucked Over Refurbished Dodge.

You should have done some homework.

I would have paid them 30G to keep it. Fords are pieces of shit.

Besides, if you have money, or taste for that matter, you wouldn't be
caught dead driving a Ford. To tell you the truth, if I was poor, I
would rather be seen in a Hyundai.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by void *
void *
2006-03-24 21:30:12 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Then you overpaid.
For a Fucked Over Refurbished Dodge.
That's ironic coming from the owner of a badge engineered Toyota.
Post by Bella Donna
You should have done some homework.
So should you. The Mondeo's a good vehicle, it's only derided by snobs who
are happy to pay several thousand more just for a "prestige" badge.
Post by Bella Donna
I would have paid them 30G to keep it. Fords are pieces of shit.
Don't project the build quality of US cars onto European vehicles. I'll
excuse your misdemeanour because you're from the land-o'-rustbucks. We
actually know how to build cars here. Ford and GM in the US are in trouble,
yet their European divisions are doing well. Even Americans can't stand
their own domestic cars it would seem.
Post by Bella Donna
Besides, if you have money, or taste for that matter
If you did, you'd realise that garish displays of opulence are tacky, crude,
and plebeian.
Post by Bella Donna
you wouldn't be caught dead driving a Ford.
I don't drive a Ford, FYI.
Post by Bella Donna
To tell you the truth, if I was poor, I would rather be seen in a
Hyundai.
That's an unintelligent statement. Of course if you were poor you wouldn't
buy a new Mondeo ST220! Or even a new Corsa, Yaris, Punto, Micra, etc.
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 05:44:11 UTC
Yaris' are for poor people!!!

aren't they like 100/month

everyone can afford that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

void *
2006-03-25 12:07:16 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Yaris' are for poor people!!!
aren't they like 100/month
everyone can afford that
Makes me wonder how you'd know that...
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 17:51:18 UTC
ads on tv??

you're an idiot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JimSummers
2006-03-22 22:24:15 UTC
True, but that only matters if she sees the man's car. Houses are even
more expensive, and stock portfolios potentially even more so, but they
are not visible, and hence are largely >ineffective in luring women.

Oh I can testify to this firsthand, no woman has seen my $30,000 dollar
Lexus yet nor are they aware of my $50,000+ in stocks.
social proof (other hot women hanging on you), Rolex, expensive clothes.
If you can get your car into the game in the first place, she's already
significantly interested (or why else would she accompany you to the
parking lot - unless you want to flash car >keys), so the car didn't
actually matter much.

If I had to rank in terms of importance what attracts women it would
be:

1. Social Proof (other women are into you and these women must be at least
average looking because being seen with skanks or fatties doesn't cut it if
you expect hotties to be impressed)

2. Attitude (arrogant, be into yourself, look and act alpha, but be
careful with this one because without social proof you can be labelled
"weird" or "scary")

3. Physical appearance (this is the area where a muscular body or a great
tan helps most men)

4. Clothes (stylish, look like you've got money)

5. Humor

6. Intelligent (but not in that "I can name all of the members of the Star
Fleet enterprise" sort of way. I know this hurts the Science guys here but
most women despise Science unless you take it down to their level of
cuddly cute animals like pandas)
Bernd Jendrissek
2006-03-22 23:47:41 UTC
In article
Post by JimSummers
If I had to rank in terms of importance what attracts women it would
You're making a lot of sense in this post and I think I even agree with
you on the relative ranking of the factors. Who are you and what have
you done with our Jim Summers?
Post by JimSummers
1. Social Proof (other women are into you and these women must be at
least average looking because being seen with skanks or fatties doesn't
cut it if you expect hotties to be impressed)
If you want to hyperanalyze you can probably describe a hierarchy of
pivots too. Be careful of dismissing the value of being seen with
skanks; if nothing else it can send a powerful signal of "I get laid",
albeit at the cost of suspicion of STD-riskiness. (Hey don't slam me
for associating "skank" with "STD" - I'm using the term "skank" here as
whatever it is that observing *women* mean by it, most likely a meaning
connoting familiarity with disease.) But never mind that now; the idea
is that if you're smart (* - see "intelligence" below) you can bootstrap
your way up the leagues. With skank proof you can get fatties, with
fattie proof you can get substance-abusing hottie, and with
substance-abusing hottie you can get classy hottie, and with classy
hottie you can get virginal cocktease Adrianna Lima which is what you
ultimately want, right?
Post by JimSummers
2. Attitude (arrogant, be into yourself, look and act alpha, but be
careful with this one because without social proof you can be labelled
"weird" or "scary")
Absolutely. If you're in the higher percentiles of hotness you can
probably get away with the delict of proofless aloofness as chicks may
label you as "mysterious" or "brooding" or whatever. Somehow you have
to, you just HAVE TO be able to muscle your way into groups of strangers
or cold-approach individuals.
Post by JimSummers
3. Physical appearance (this is the area where a muscular body or a
great tan helps most men)
I don't know - I wonder if women separate men into "super hot, we'll
throw ourselves at him", and "the rest". I'm sure muscles in
moderation, and a non-geek tan do more good than harm.
Post by JimSummers
4. Clothes (stylish, look like you've got money)
This is probably one of my more egregious sins, of those that I could
actually stop committing on short notice. I did my bit today and sent
my woollen black trousers (the look quite spiv I think) for dry
cleaning. Yes, I think this could be my next motivational project: to
find the mental energy I need to pursue "looking good" in my clothes as
a goal.
Post by JimSummers
5. Humor
Like I said in another thread, being able to make others (especially
men) is a signal of alphaness, and laughing at other men's jokes
signifies relative betaness, except in friendly situations, in which
case it is more important to "play the game" and laugh along - you most
definitely do NOT want to be the killjoy who never laughs.
Post by JimSummers
6. Intelligent (but not in that "I can name all of the members of the
Star Fleet enterprise" sort of way. I know this hurts the Science guys
here but most women despise Science unless you take it down to their
level of cuddly cute animals like pandas)
Is seems to me that the "intelligence" that women find sexually
attractive is the intelligence you need to make up jokes on the fly, or
the intelligence you need to emit sexual innuendo and flirt and that
kind of stuff. Aside from quasi-fetish hunters, the intelligence you
need to be able to major in physics or expound on Hitler's military
coups and blunders, are completely irrelevant. I'll let you know if the
fact that I have a Physics major ever makes a difference.

- --
There is a lot of food in a supermarket, too, but a supermarket isn't
the best place to hold a dinner party. -- Christopher Faylor
JimSummers
2006-03-23 01:06:38 UTC
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
With skank proof you can get fatties, with
fattie proof you can get substance-abusing hottie, and with
substance-abusing hottie you can get classy hottie, and with classy hottie
you can get virginal cocktease Adrianna Lima which is >what you ultimately
want, right?

Definitely!
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
Somehow you have to, you just HAVE TO be able to muscle your way into
groups of strangers or cold->approach individuals.

Right, maybe you could try what I did one time which was talk
negatively about an alpha guy when he wasn't around so that although I was
being seen talking to 'cool' guys I wasn't viewed as their lapdog either.

Of course doing this I ran the risk of the females telling him what I
said about him but in this instance I lucked out because the females had
already dropped him beneath me in 'coolness' level simply because he had
screwed up by establishing himself as "teacher's pet" to a female
professor who the females in the class didn't particularly like! I ended
up looking like the cool one because I was in on the girls' "Hate the
teacher" clique.
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
I don't know - I wonder if women separate men into "super hot, we'll
throw ourselves at him", >and "the rest".

I think they do divide them up like that, it also depends a lot on who
your competition is, everything with women is about compare and contrast
similar to how they would select between various types of shoes at the
mall.
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
Yes, I think this could be my next motivational project: to find the
mental energy I need to >pursue "looking good" in my clothes as a goal.

Yes, you also need to focus very hard on your posture/how you walk or
sit, the sitting thing is especially important, take up plenty of space,
and make slow lingering movements rather than quick neurotic ones. This is
why the potheads get girls because they have those slow movements which the
females are too blind to see are merely the result of being high.

Faces are important too: choose either-

1. the brooding/"I'm mysterious" mode

or

2. the smirking "Oh yeah, I always get my way, babe" smile

For shybies the #1 is the easier one to carry out because we usually
are brooding because we were bullied for most of our childhood. LOL
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
Like I said in another thread, being able to make others (especially men)
is a signal of alphaness, and laughing at other men's jokes signifies
relative betaness, except in friendly situations, in which case it is more
important to "play the game" and laugh along - you most definitely do NOT
want to be the killjoy who >never laughs.

I have a real problem laughing spontaneously so I need a lot of
practice on that, but you are right, the laughing suggests that you aren't
too focused on the work task. When a man is too serious/focused on the work
task women perceive that the reason he is being so focused is because he is
totally struggling at the task, and thus he's weak and not alpha!

SERIOUS= HE'S STRUGGLING= LOSER......

CASUAL/LAID BACK= IT IS EASY FOR HIM= WINNER

Case example: arrogant D student who never shows that he is barely
hanging on academically can still wear the "I'm in control, this stuff is
easy" persona and women buy it!! Seriously!!! I see A students everyday
who wear the anxious/pained facial expression as though THEY were the D
students while the D students are smirking and content, and WOMEN SEE THIS
and draw the conclusion that the D students are the real alphas while the A
students are BETAS because they act like betas!!!!! They are anxious and
struggling so they aren't winners!!!

Their ACTUAL GRADES? In the female's mind, WHAT GRADES? Those are
privately handed from professor to student and the D student has a way of
concealing his dumbness far easier than the A student conceals his
anxious/dweebhood..
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
Is seems to me that the "intelligence" that women find sexually
attractive is the intelligence you need to make up jokes on the fly, or
the intelligence you need to emit sexual >innuendo and flirt and that kind
of stuff.

Oh yes, absolutely!!! Intelligence to women is social flexibility and
the projection of assertive ape-based/alpha body language and a myriad of
facial expressions perfectly placed in time and space.
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
Aside from quasi-fetish hunters, the intelligence you need to be able to
major in physics or expound on Hitler's military coups and blunders, are
completely irrelevant. I'll let you know if the fact that I have a Physics
major ever >makes a difference.

Yes, I see a pattern in the small number of women who are impressed by
males with mental knowledge and in my experience those women are often:

1. Lesbians (seriously, perhaps it is due to the masculine biology of
lesbians but some of them are incredibly well-read and actually talk about
things that men talk about: politics, religion, philosophy, history,
literature, etc..)

2. Fat and ugly women (I think they must have figured out when they were
about 12 or so that the only male attention they could get would be of a
highly specialized type such as guys who love Sci-Fi/Anime/ Fantasy
novels/ Goth, and so on..these fat and ugly women took up an
intellectual/hobby world as a way to meet men but in doing so they have
become more interesting in personality than the typical blonde model
babe)
Bella Donna
2006-03-23 04:10:11 UTC
Post by JimSummers
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
I don't know - I wonder if women separate men into "super hot, we'll
throw ourselves at him", >and "the rest".
we do - but there are other categories as well

Ex:

not bad - will check back when more drunk
not even if last guy on earth
hmmmmm well at least I'd be entertained popping his zits

no I'm kidding

but there are other things

kind eyes
nice arms
nice ass
nice hair

you would be surprised - sometimes it's the smallest detail that draws
us to a man
Bella Donna
2006-03-23 04:00:47 UTC
agreed

stay away from all things Star Trekky - an fact, never mention Star Trek
or sci fi conventions

this is a sure clue to run away

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella Donna
2006-03-23 03:55:16 UTC
why did you buy a lower end lexus?

just to say you have one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JimSummers
2006-03-23 04:13:41 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
why did you buy a lower end lexus?
To get the ladies but so far after 2 years no results.
Post by Bella Donna
just to say you have one?
To impress the gold diggers.
Bella Donna
2006-03-23 06:22:39 UTC
yeah, that's because a 30G lexus don't impress no one

women know their cars - and they know a base model lower end - therefore
they will know you got it just to have a lexus.

should have spent the 30G on something else or saved up for a higher model.

I have a 330rx with all the luxuries. When my boyfriend takes it out -
ALL the women are on him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by JimSummers
Post by Bella Donna
why did you buy a lower end lexus?
To get the ladies but so far after 2 years no results.
Post by Bella Donna
just to say you have one?
To impress the gold diggers.
LisatheSequel
2006-03-23 08:17:09 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
yeah, that's because a 30G lexus don't impress no one
women know their cars - and they know a base model lower end - therefore
they will know you got it just to have a lexus.
should have spent the 30G on something else or saved up for a higher model.
I have a 330rx with all the luxuries. When my boyfriend takes it out -
ALL the women are on him.
I just checked some Lexus sites to see approximately how
much this car costs. Sez they start at USD 40,000. That
doesn't sound like a whole lot, not enough to be a real
luxury car, does it? I admit I'm not up on the US economy
these days. Is that impressive?
void *
2006-03-23 22:43:36 UTC
I just checked some Lexus sites to see approximately how much this car
costs. Sez they start at USD 40,000. That doesn't sound like a whole
lot, not enough to be a real luxury car, does it? I admit I'm not up on
the US economy these days. Is that impressive?
In the words of Allan Partridge, "It's not a brown Toyota - it's a coffee
coloured Lexus!"
Bella Donna
2006-03-24 05:28:32 UTC
They are considered a luxury car. But again - there are BMWs and
Mercedes that you can get for under 40G. You get what you pay for.

Mine was 40G base model. With all the luxuries etc, it was 60G.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LisatheSequel
2006-03-24 05:57:18 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
They are considered a luxury car. But again - there are BMWs and
Mercedes that you can get for under 40G. You get what you pay for.
Mine was 40G base model. With all the luxuries etc, it was 60G.
Aha. So when you enter 40-60G land you're considered to own
a luxury car. Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

While I'm at it, can you please tell me what income level is
considered "well off" in the US these days?
Bella Donna
2006-03-24 06:27:36 UTC
I don't know

I'm quoting Canada. Sorry, I forgot you lived in the US

I know you are being sarcastic but I'd say 100,000+/yr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"well off" in the US these days?
LisatheSequel
2006-03-24 06:46:05 UTC
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
I don't know
I'm quoting Canada. Sorry, I forgot you lived in the US
I know you are being sarcastic but I'd say 100,000+/yr
I don't live in the US.
I forgot you lived in Canada.
I'm not being sarcastic. I'm really curious. Many things
seem to have changed since I've been gone.
Antares
2006-03-25 08:11:23 UTC
Post by LisatheSequel
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
I don't know
I'm quoting Canada. Sorry, I forgot you lived in the US
I know you are being sarcastic but I'd say 100,000+/yr
I don't live in the US.
I forgot you lived in Canada.
I'm not being sarcastic. I'm really curious. Many things
seem to have changed since I've been gone.
Surely it depends on whether one is single, has a family, etc. For a
double-income middle-class family with three kids, 100k, with two
wage-earners pulling in 50k each, ain't that much. For a single
person, though, 100k can be seen as better than just "well off." Of
course, it also depends on geographical region. My experience was that
I would be paid 75k in Seattle for a job that earns 50k in the Midwest,
with living costs being proportionally higher.
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 08:17:53 UTC
single person, no dependants

city with high cost of living

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JimSummers
2006-03-24 06:10:40 UTC
They are considered a luxury car. But again - there are BMWs and Mercedes
that you can get for under 40G. You get what you pay for.

Mine was 40G base model. With all the luxuries >etc, it was 60G.

Most people don't waste money like that. The typical upper middle class
person is satisfied with something at the price level of a Toyota Avalon.
Bella Donna
2006-03-24 06:29:50 UTC
In the states? REALLY?

that really surprises me.

How much is an avalon? I suppose I can look, but I'm afraid they will
get my ISP and start sending me toyota shit. This is why I will never
enter a Ford website.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bernd Jendrissek
2006-03-24 08:46:07 UTC
In article
Post by JimSummers
Most people don't waste money like that. The typical upper middle class
person is satisfied with something at the price level of a Toyota Avalon.
FWIW when I go walkabout in the fancy suburbs of Cape Town, the cars I
see in the mansions' driveways are not Jaguars or even mere Mercedes,
but instead 10-15 year old Toyotas, Nissans and VW Golfs.

Not spending much money on depreciating assets is one of the good
financial habits that rich people have, habits which made them rich in
the first place.

- --
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html email
\ / - against microsoft office attachments
X - against text above fullquote below
/ \ - against lines longer than 79 characters
JimSummers
2006-03-24 17:55:57 UTC
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
Not spending much money on depreciating assets is one of the good
financial habits that rich people have, habits which made them rich in the
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
first place.
Good point.
void *
2006-03-24 21:27:50 UTC
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
FWIW when I go walkabout in the fancy suburbs of Cape Town, the cars I
see in the mansions' driveways are not Jaguars or even mere Mercedes,
but instead 10-15 year old Toyotas, Nissans and VW Golfs.
Not spending much money on depreciating assets is one of the good
financial habits that rich people have, habits which made them rich in
the first place.
I'm glad someone gets my point. Most large purchases people make usually
accrue value - a vehicle take a huge depreciation the moment you register
it, and then more so each year.
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 05:42:46 UTC
And my house is 1.3 million

point being what?

if money is not an issue, does it really matter if your car depreciates?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it, and then more so each year.
void *
2006-03-25 12:06:36 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
And my house is 1.3 million
That's nothing to shut about. In this country that's only £600,000, which
will buy you a middle class suburban three bedroom family house. And not in
an expensive/posh are either.
Ask Warren Buffet.
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 04:38:31 UTC
Probably because they are living beyond their means to say they live in
"cape town"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antares
2006-03-25 08:36:21 UTC
In article
Post by JimSummers
Most people don't waste money like that. The typical upper middle class
person is satisfied with something at the price level of a Toyota Avalon.
FWIW when I go walkabout in the fancy suburbs of Cape Town, the cars I
see in the mansions' driveways are not Jaguars or even mere Mercedes,
but instead 10-15 year old Toyotas, Nissans and VW Golfs.
Not spending much money on depreciating assets is one of the good
financial habits that rich people have, habits which made them rich in
the first place.
Eh. I've had lots of coworkers who earn a lot, but also spend a lot.
Some of them blew a lot of money on expensive cars, including Porsches
and so forth. I suppose these people are less "rich" than they would
be otherwise, but that's only if you measure richness by accumulated
wealth, as opposed to your month-to-month cashflow. Personally, I'd be
inclined to call someone rich if they can consistently maintain an
expensive lifestyle (assuming it's sustainable and they're not
deficit-spending).

Note, I also don't understand spending money on an expensive car. A
car to me is a way of getting from A to B, so there's absolutely no
reason to spend any more than I have to. I bought my low-end Chevrolet
Cavalier when I was a poor fresh grad, and I intend to stick with it
for many years yet. I wanted a car that was (1) cheap; (2)
American-made; and (3) had good gas mileage. My car fulfills all three
requirements, so I'm happy.
void *
2006-03-23 22:45:04 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
yeah, that's because a 30G lexus don't impress no one
women know their cars
Not if their proclivity for SUVs and automatic gearboxes is anything to go
by.
Post by Bella Donna
- and they know a base model lower end - therefore they will know you got
it just to have a lexus.
should have spent the 30G on something else or saved up for a higher model.
I have a 330rx with all the luxuries.
Jeeze. The way you were going on, I thought you'd have a decent vehicle. I
for one am not impressed with an overweight, top-heavy Chelsea tractor with
a power-sapping slushbox that can't handle. I just can't understand why
anyone would want to own an SUV when a saloon (sedan) car will easily out
accelerate and out handle a wobbly behemoth. For about £2,000 for could
have got an old Vauxhall Senator, which would easily deal with most other
cars you'll encounter.
Bella Donna
2006-03-24 06:16:58 UTC
yes - shows how much you know.

I'd like to see your piece of shit compete with mine in a race

Better yet, I'll take our 430LS (60G base model if you're keeping track)
0-100 before you get to 40.

I have purses worth twice as much as your car *snort*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cars you'll encounter.
JimSummers
2006-03-24 06:28:30 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
yes - shows how much you know.
I'd like to see your piece of shit compete with mine in a race

Better yet, I'll take our 430LS (60G base model if you're keeping track)
0-100 before you get to 40.

I have purses worth twice as much as your car >*snort*

Who is this "Bella Donna" person? Her personality is just a little too
uppity to be a real person. I wonder who this is the alias of?

Dolores? Helen? Michaela?
void *
2006-03-24 21:27:09 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
yes - shows how much you know.
I'd like to see your piece of shit compete with mine in a race
Better yet, I'll take our 430LS (60G base model if you're keeping track)
0-100 before you get to 40.
Utterly incorrect. You're obviously speaking for a position of ignorance.
Remember you're talking about a Lexus, not a bleedin' Aston Martin! The LS
430 would be perhaps a second quicker to sixty against a Senator, but the
senny has a higher top speed.

That's not worth 60K. Man, you'd think for all that money that LS 430 would
actually perform against an old barge costing 2K and not get overtaken by
it! Now have you considered what a Maserati, Aston Martin, etc would do to
your cheap Lexus?

Actually, a Mitsubishi Evolution - a genuine rally derived performance
car - would not only outperform and outhandle either of your Lexii, but
would cost less too. And that's the base model which is still under £30,000.
You got neither value for money nor performance.

So, like I said, who the heck would buy a car costing over £30K.
Pitty you didn't spend the money on a better car, heh.
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 05:41:46 UTC
your piece of shit senny -
http://www.autobahnstormers.co.uk/eligible_cars/senator_b/sen_b_cd_tech.asp

Model Transmission
Maximum Speed (mph) Acceleration 0-62mph (s)
2.6i Cat. 5-speed manual 132 10.3
2.6i Cat. 4-speed automatic 129 11.3
3.0i Cat. 5-speed manual 140 unknown
3.0i Cat. 4-speed automatic 134 unknown
3.0i 24V Cat. 5-speed manual 149 7.8
3.0i 24V Cat. 4-speed automatic 146 8.8

But take into account the age of the car and transmission and how well
taken of the car is. A thirty year old car wont go anywhere, regardless
of its maximum speed, if its a rust bucket.

330 rx - 0-62mph in 7.0 s with a max speed of 140 for my 4.0l V6
(http://auto.moldova.org/auto/eng/96/194/)

430 LS - 0-62 in 6.3 (oh yeah) and top speed of 155.3
(http://www.carsplusplus.com/specs2003/lexus_ls_430.php)

oh and p.s. asswipe - alfa romeo o-62 is 8.6 with a top speed of 139mph
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12929-1857816,00.html

So do your research, geek.

A second my ass. Stick to your computers, and don't try playing with
the big boys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

void *
2006-03-25 12:09:12 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
your piece of shit senny -
http://www.autobahnstormers.co.uk/eligible_cars/senator_b/sen_b_cd_tech.asp
Actually, I don't have the Senator anymore. You have this habit of always
assuming things.
Post by Bella Donna
Model Transmission Maximum Speed (mph) Acceleration 0-62mph (s)
2.6i Cat. 5-speed manual 132 10.3
2.6i Cat. 4-speed automatic 129 11.3
3.0i Cat. 5-speed manual 140 unknown
3.0i Cat. 4-speed automatic 134 unknown
3.0i 24V Cat. 5-speed manual 149 7.8
3.0i 24V Cat. 4-speed automatic 146 8.8
But take into account the age of the car and transmission and how well
taken of the car is. A thirty year old car wont go anywhere, regardless
of its maximum speed, if its a rust bucket.
They're not thirty years old, and they are very reliable vehicles (you have
to hand it to the Germans, they know how to build good cars). Those figures
seem rather conservative, IMO.

You seemed to have totally missed the point for some reason. This was never
about MCIBTYC. It's about how senseless it is to buy a car costing over
£30,000 because there are plenty of good ones for less. The Senator is one
example of good performance and a bargain. However if you still want to
spend big money, you can still get a good car 1st hand for less than
£30,000K.

Why you feel the need to resort to abuse and insults is beyond me. You do
realise that it makes you come across as defensive and in the wrong?
Post by Bella Donna
330 rx - 0-62mph in 7.0 s with a max speed of 140 for my 4.0l V6
(http://auto.moldova.org/auto/eng/96/194/)
That doesn't tally with the lexus.co.uk website.
Post by Bella Donna
430 LS - 0-62 in 6.3 (oh yeah) and top speed of 155.3
(http://www.carsplusplus.com/specs2003/lexus_ls_430.php)
I googled some performance figures, and they seemed to very.
Post by Bella Donna
oh and p.s. asswipe - alfa romeo o-62 is 8.6 with a top speed of 139mph
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12929-1857816,00.html
That's not great, and indeed that review agrees. To quote, "Verdict
Likeable, but expensive and too slow". An old Alfa 164 is quicker to 62,
FYI.

Whilst we're doing fantasy car shopping. Allow me to reiterate my example
that proves my point. Mitsubishi Evolution. 0-62 4.7s, max speed 157 (ECU
limited). Base model £28,004.00 - change from £30,000.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/evolution/key_features.asp?strCar1=QE1

Like I wrote previously, no need to spend over £30,000 on a good car.
Post by Bella Donna
So do your research, geek.
I have already done my research, thanks. FYI, I'm not a geek. How dare you
insult me. Now I demand you apologise ;)
Post by Bella Donna
A second my ass. Stick to your computers, and don't try playing with the
big boys.
Take your RX330 to a track day. I'm sure the other drivers would enjoy the
laugh. You'll end up rolling over at the first gentle bend.
LisatheSequel
2006-03-25 13:45:21 UTC
Post by void *
Take your RX330 to a track day. I'm sure the other drivers would enjoy the
laugh. You'll end up rolling over at the first gentle bend.
I thought the point wasn't to beat other drivers in a speed
race but display her man in style? If you two really want
to compete what you need to do is get her man to drape
himself semi-nude in a seductive position first over her
car's hood and then yours. Post the pics on here and let us
take a vote.
void *
2006-03-25 14:10:57 UTC
Post by void *
Take your RX330 to a track day. I'm sure the other drivers would enjoy the
laugh. You'll end up rolling over at the first gentle bend.
I thought the point wasn't to beat other drivers in a speed race
Me too. I dunno why Bella raised the issue.
but display her man in style?
Och. The vehicle a guy owns or drives makes zero difference to his
attractiveness. We tried to tell Jim Summers this all the way back before he
bought his Lexus, but he wouldn't listen, insisted to the contrary, and had
high expectation of returning here to gloat. WE TOLD YOU SO, JIMMY!
If you two really want to compete what you need to do is get
her man to drape himself semi-nude in a seductive position first
over her car's hood and then yours. Post the pics on here and
let us take a vote.
That's just a lame excuse to get photos innit :b

Bugga! I promised I'd send you some photos didn't I? I forget. Sorry.
Honestly, I'll get onto it. Really really!!!
LisatheSequel
2006-03-25 15:13:50 UTC
Post by void *
Post by void *
Take your RX330 to a track day. I'm sure the other drivers would enjoy the
laugh. You'll end up rolling over at the first gentle bend.
I thought the point wasn't to beat other drivers in a speed race
Me too. I dunno why Bella raised the issue.
Because she's the best and you've got to accept that and
submit else she'll get testy on yo'ass. Now get with the
program.
Post by void *
but display her man in style?
Och. The vehicle a guy owns or drives makes zero difference to his
attractiveness. We tried to tell Jim Summers this all the way back before he
bought his Lexus, but he wouldn't listen, insisted to the contrary, and had
high expectation of returning here to gloat. WE TOLD YOU SO, JIMMY!
But Bella said when her man takes her Lexus out for a spin
he's instant Rico-Suave and all the babes sit up and take
notice. Looks like you're the one not paying attenshun,
void(space)asterisk/star. Tune in dude. Keep up. The car,
money, clothes and bling make the man.
Post by void *
If you two really want to compete what you need to do is get
her man to drape himself semi-nude in a seductive position first
over her car's hood and then yours. Post the pics on here and
let us take a vote.
That's just a lame excuse to get photos innit :b
Oops. Got to practice my subtlety.
Post by void *
Bugga! I promised I'd send you some photos didn't I? I forget. Sorry.
Honestly, I'll get onto it. Really really!!!
No problem. I forgot too. Were you? Oh well. No matter.
I'll console myself with phy and his bitch. I mean, dog.
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 18:06:22 UTC
mind you and unattractive man wont look attractive in anything, so I
can't be of any help there.

it helps that my baby's a hottie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella Donna
2006-03-25 18:03:13 UTC
yes it was - he is the one saying his car could beat both mine in a race
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella Donna
2006-03-25 17:55:22 UTC
Now why would I do that, I have better things to do.

And now you are racing imaginary cars, so aren't you special!!!

And in fact, you are the one who started yapping which car could win, so
I told you that you were wrong, because you don't know as much as you
think you do.

And if all you have is 30G then spend 30G, I don't care. I really don't.

If you shop in a thrift store - still, don't care.

All these things don't affect ME so I don't care.

I love my cars, I love my house, and whether or not you would buy them
(no matter the reasons you state, but I simply think jealousy and
poverty) make no difference to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LivinLaVidaHaga
2006-03-25 14:17:35 UTC
A brand new LS 430 starts at around 53 K, rock bottom. Thats in US
Dollars btw.
You said yours was a base model that costed 40 K.
Doesnt add up.
Also, theres no way would I spend that much on a LS 430. Sure they are
luxurious and fast,but what a lame body design. There are many better
choices.
Bella Donna
2006-03-25 18:04:53 UTC
learn to read

the 330 rx was 40 plus extras

the 430 ls was 60

and if you want to toot toot around in something else, go ahead, I don't
own lexus shares - so I don't care
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

choices.
Bella Donna
2006-03-22 04:39:00 UTC
You know, the bottom line is this:

If a woman will find you attractive, it will be based on whether or not
you are her type

Not on what type of jewelry you wear.

No one dates a necklace or a pair of earrings.

Well, unless they're a cat burglar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
2006-03-22 08:16:57 UTC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
Post by Bella Donna
[...]
im female
2006-03-23 20:59:19 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Sorry, I don't mean to be "mean" I'm just giving an honest opinion.
I don't mean to be mean, but I'm on a crusade here to encourage men
never ever to take too seriously what women say about "what gets
women". Women, in general, just don't know - *can't* know. You
wouldn't ask a deer for hunting advice either.
I agree with you up to here. But this
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
Post by Bella Donna
But if the necklace gives you self-esteem, keep wearing it. All I'm
saying is, I doubt it's the necklace doing that, it's probably just
the new YOU with a little more confidence. ;o)
well, I'd lose the odd little face, and I wouldn't put it down to
confidence - unless it was confidence in the St Christopher...

- Michaela
Bella Donna
2006-03-24 06:09:11 UTC
Regarding the
"guys giving
Post by
Post by Bernd Jendrissek
credible account of having kept logs of this stuff, computed averages
and standard deviation, applied students' F tests or whatever they're
called, and concluded with a 95% level of confidence that yes, bling
actually *does* get the girls" Bernd keeps talking about.....
I am really curious to see what they look like.

Because if they're hot - it really doesn't matter. If they had Bling,
it would just give me a reason to look at them LONGER so it would skew
results.

I'm not sure how scientific this data would be unless there were a range
of guys used rated from 1 (super fugly) to 10 (hot hot hot) and all
their results were consistent.

I just don't think you can use this as proof, Bernd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bella Donna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Michaela
Bernd Jendrissek
2006-03-24 08:34:36 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
I just don't think you can use this as proof, Bernd.
I don't need to convince anyone but myself.

- --
Problems experienced downstream are symptoms of neglect upstream.
Upstream problems can only be solved upstream. - someone
atomic prune
2006-03-19 18:07:12 UTC
go tribal.

starve yourself thin, get bleachy, salt water hair with rough curls and
wear big, thick tribal chokers with shells and hemp.

same with the bracelets. :D go all the way and then wear a 6GA
nostril ring with 2" earlettes.

that'll drive them crazy.

(if it works then get some tattoos, nice asian work not that sailor
stuff.)

well that's one route, there's too many ways to go with a
"presentation".

easiest is just do what you normally do when you're not out to impress
on your best behavior and grooming that is.

edge: whatever that means now days.

:D

just being goofy and yet mildly honest too.

me, likes the natural hempy thing for now.

you are going right though, nerds and bling nah that just ain't right
doesn't do it.

knows this. same goes for nerdy women.
CLFan
2006-03-19 18:10:52 UTC
Post by Sadboy
Will wearing jewelry make me more attractive to women?
I have recently taken to wearing a St .Chrisrtopher necklace,
something I have become surprisingly attached to.
It's an unassuming necklace, I don't want any heavy chains
or bling. However several people have commented upon it
and pretty much said that they were surpised to someone like
me (a white & skinny nerd) wearing such a thing.
Does it make me look 'cooler' and give me a bit of an 'edge'?
I see it draped aroynd my scrawny neck and think I look better.
Depends on the rest of your outfit - if you wear that necklace while
the rest of you looks like a nerd, it might look out of place and you
may want to consider changing your clothes/hairstyle too.
Sadboy
2006-03-19 18:56:49 UTC
Post by CLFan
Depends on the rest of your outfit - if you wear that necklace while
the rest of you looks like a nerd, it might look out of place and you
may want to consider changing your clothes/hairstyle too.
Hmmm... outfit?
I've never really thought of myself as having an 'outfit' before.

I usually dress in shorts & T-shirt.
CLFan
2006-03-19 19:15:21 UTC
I mean your general look/style of dressing etc.
Sadboy
2006-03-19 19:22:10 UTC
Post by CLFan
Post by Sadboy
Hmmm... outfit?
I've never really thought of myself as having an 'outfit' before.
I mean your general look/style of dressing etc.
Well like I say, shorts and T-shirt.
Almost all the time. there's not really that much more to say.
CLFan
2006-03-19 19:31:44 UTC
Post by Sadboy
Post by CLFan
Post by Sadboy
Hmmm... outfit?
I've never really thought of myself as having an 'outfit' before.
I mean your general look/style of dressing etc.
Well like I say, shorts and T-shirt.
Almost all the time. there's not really that much more to say.
Yeah, I was just expaining what I meant by "outfit". Well, t-shirts and
shorts aren't exactly classy. Why not try nice button-down shirts with
decent pants (well-fitting dark-colored jeans) instead to see what
happens?
(You're in the UK, right?)
Bella Donna

(You're in the UK, right?)
Sadboy
2006-03-20 06:16:24 UTC
Post by Bella Donna
Agreed. I dated a really skinny guy and skinny legs look even skinnier
in shorts. (sorry - but not too pretty to look at)
I know my legs don't look very nice but I'm so used to wearing
shorts I probably don't see them as others do.
I guess they really are quite disgusting if I'm critical about it.
But I feel jusr so much more comfortable in shorts.

I've only got a rather tatty pair of blue jeans. I will take up the
suggestion that somebody else made to wear 'proper' shorts
and dark jeans.
Sadboy
2006-03-20 06:27:56 UTC
Post by Sadboy
Post by Bella Donna
Agreed. I dated a really skinny guy and skinny legs look even skinnier
in shorts. (sorry - but not too pretty to look at)
I know my legs don't look very nice but I'm so used to wearing
shorts I probably don't see them as others do.
I guess they really are quite disgusting if I'm critical about it.
But I feel jusr so much more comfortable in shorts.
I've only got a rather tatty pair of blue jeans. I will take up the
suggestion that somebody else made to wear 'proper' shorts
and dark jeans.
I of course meant proper *shirts* not shorts!

Perhpas it's time to get those skinny white legs of mine covered up.....
Bella Donna
2006-03-20 06:30:15 UTC
Yes, agreed.

Dark jeans look very nice an a slim man.

And don't think of your legs as disgusting, just not your best feature.
We are trying to play up your best features here. How old are you
Sadboy? Maybe I can suggest something.

and dark jeans.
Sadboy
I'm 22.
Bella Donna
2006-03-20 21:45:02 UTC
Yeah button down shirts are good. Go for the style sold at Guess and
Buffalo. Not necessarily those brand names, but take a look at the cut
and colours. Casual, yet sexy. Not anything too sloppy/wrinkly or too
formal looking.

I'm 22.
Sadboy
2006-03-21 05:04:11 UTC
formal looking.
OK, thanks. I'll see what I can do.....
2006-03-20 04:50:09 UTC
Post by Sadboy
Will wearing jewelry make me more attractive to women?
I have recently taken to wearing a St .Chrisrtopher necklace,
something I have become surprisingly attached to.
It's an unassuming necklace, I don't want any heavy chains
or bling. However several people have commented upon it
and pretty much said that they were surpised to someone like
me (a white & skinny nerd) wearing such a thing.
Does it make me look 'cooler' and give me a bit of an 'edge'?
I see it draped aroynd my scrawny neck and think I look better.
Some people are going to like it and some aren't and some
won't even notice.

- Michaela
JimSummers
2006-03-20 06:58:54 UTC
Will wearing jewelry make me more attractive to >women?
Yes, wear some big slutty hoop earrings to let the women know that you
can WHORE with the best of 'em
Visi Caulk Mah Pnats
2006-03-22 00:12:09 UTC
Post by JimSummers
Will wearing jewelry make me more attractive to >women?
Yes, wear some big slutty hoop earrings to let the women know that
you can WHORE with the best of 'em
hahahaha that was good!